FIRST Strategic Insight Limited is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. Because we operate from offices in more than one country, we have taken steps to ensure that high standards of data protection are adhered to globally for all the forms of data processing mentioned below. This statement outlines our privacy and data protection policy.
Collection and use of customer information
Your personal details will be collected and processed when you order, purchase, register, subscribe or make use of any of our products or services. Information is collected by the companies of FIRST Strategic Insight Limited. FIRST Strategic Insight Limited is registered with the United Kingdom’s Information Commissioner’s Office as a data controller in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
When you visit any of our websites, we also collect website usage information, and information about your computer and internet connection. This includes your computer’s IP address, the type and version of browser and operating system you use, your internet domain and, if you visited via a link from another website, the URL of the linking page.
This information is collected to help us:
- fulfil your order
- manage your registration preferences
- send you renewal notifications
- personalise web content and advertising based on your personal characteristics or preferences
- ensure, as far as is practical, that our websites are compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of our visitors
- conduct customer satisfaction surveys
We also use your information for in-house research and analysis. This helps us to:
- improve our understanding of customer needs
- create marketing profiles
- support strategic development
- To enable us to conduct research we may share your information with third party suppliers employed to help. All results of any research and analysis will be information that is aggregated or rendered anonymous and will not reveal any personal details of individual customers.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Harry Dobbs
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your hard drive when you visit the FIRST website. We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- identifying returning users, registrants and subscribers
- eliminating the need for returning users to re-enter their login details
- enabling you to move more easily around our site
- tracking your use of our site to better develop our site in accordance with your requirements
- building up an anonymous profile based on your browsing patterns across our site and third party websites, which enables us to make content available to you that is more relevant to your interests
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. Bear in mind, though, that if you delete them, any settings such as your stored username and password will have to be reset when you next log in.
You will be able to use our website even if your browser is not set to accept cookies. However, certain features and content may not be available to you and you will have to log in every time you visit.
If you specifically do not wish us to collect cookie information for the purpose of content and behavioural targeted advertising, you can “opt out” by following the instructions at http://www.cookiecentral.com.
Our website may contain links to external sites. FIRST Strategic Insight Limited is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites and we recommend that you read the privacy policies on any external sites you use.
FIRST Strategic Insight Limited does its utmost to protect your privacy and ensure your personal details are not misused, accidentally destroyed, lost or altered within FIRST Strategic Insight Limited.
Occasionally we share your details with other companies who are managing data for us (e.g. fulfilment bureaux, database consultants etc.). They are only permitted to process your data with explicit permission from FIRST Strategic Insight Limited, enabling them to perform the services required.
Children under 13
FIRST Strategic Insight Limited does not intentionally collect any personal information from individuals under the age of 13. When necessary, underage users will be told not to submit any personal details and we will make every effort to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has informed us that these details have been collected.
Changes to this statement
Last amended: May 2018